Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What's in a name?

ca·thar·tic/kəˈTHärtik/

Adjective: Providing psychological relief through the expression of strong emotions; causing catharsis*.

... It's that amazing feeling you get when you just let it all out, don't hide your emotions, and let yourself really feel, and experience the life you're living. Purging of emotional tension. It's what I want out of all this.

Cathartica: part of the latin name for the buckthorn tree. There are several of these scrappy, weedy looking trees/bushes around my parent's property, and I have fallen in love with them.

Kathartica: a name I pulled out of the clear blue sky and used as a username on things like neopets, before I knew anything about any of the two things above. I figure the name is meant for me.

*my friend has a canoe called catharsis... hmm.

No comments: