Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Feeling like a Hippo

That is to say fat and wet. My raincoat, which I haven't worn in nearly a year, was so snug around my hips tonight, that the bottom edge kept riding up to my waist. Which is precisely why I was strapping the sucker on, and dragging my poor pup out in this inclement weather. My contract with the shelter ended over a month ago, and in the mean time I've been doing a fat load of nothing, and it's starting to show. I haven't stepped on a scale of late, but my clothing is beginning to tell the tale. So, I'm starting slow, but I'm starting my day off with a bowl of plain cheerios instead of the usual slices of white bread slathered in fatty toppings, and I plan to take the dog for a walk morning and night. It'll be good for both of us. And, maybe help me sleep a little better at night. I don't expect hippo to svelte cheetah overnight or anything, but its a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

small farm girl said...

You can do it! I know you can!!!!!