Tuesday, December 6, 2011

On Engagement Rings

Well, I've been baking a lot of doughy things lately, doing some heavy lifting, and doing some arts and crafts projects... pretty much just doing what I always do, but it got me thinking: should I be taking my ring off for these things?
My sparkly is very special to us. It was my grandmother's engagement ring, and is 53 years old. The claws are squat, tenacious little things, that I think will still be holding the diamond if ever there's nothing left on this earth but cockroaches and twinkies. There are lots of little holes and crevices in the design of the ring itself though that allow obnoxious bits of whatever to get stuck in them. What worries me most is that the band is quite thin, and in not quite two months I've already bent it a little bit.

So, diamonds or not, those of you who wear any rings at all, what do or don't you take your rings off for?

1 comment:

small farm girl said...

I'm wearing my grandmothers wedding ring too. I will wear it through almost everything, but I do take it off for kneeding dough. I would also look into getting the ring built back up to be thicker. I'm going to look into it. I have a feeling it's going to be expensive.