Sunday, February 5, 2012

Playing House

Andrew and I are playing house this weekend, or at least it feels that way. My folks are gone to Niagara Falls for the weekend for their anniversary, and asked Andrew and I to hang out at the house and keep an eye on the brothers. Yeah, I know, they're 18 and almost 17 yrs old, but the folks didn't want their baby boys home alone. It's hard on the liquor cabinet that.
So, we've moved into the master suite for the weekend (bigger, comfier bed), I went to work yesterday, he went to 1812 drill today, we've done laundry, kept the house clean, taken out the garbage, walked the dog, fed the fussy kids and acted as mediators. In other words, run the household. Good practice I figure, for the day when we run our own. Though I'll be happy to work my way up to parenting teenagers over the next 15 yrs or so, rather than take them on over night!
I like the way we work together. It's been a good weekend.

No comments: