Friday, February 10, 2012

Settling in

I find I'm settling in quite nicely at work. I had Andrew come in one day and hang a couple things for me, so the space already is starting to feel like mine. Business is slowly building, I've gone from sitting around the office all day hoping someone would call, to knowing that I've got about 2 clients on any given day. It's a start. Yesterday I had 4 clients booked but one had to cancel, her child was ill. It happens.
I've gotten to treat all kinds of fun conditions, all the wonderful things that our teachers said "I'm gonna show you this, but it's so rare... you might never do this kind of work in your practice." Yeah, I've pretty much seen/done them all. MVA's, TMJ's, Pregnancy massages, minors... Lions and tigers and bears- oh my!
I'm having a lot of fun. I like the people I work with, I like the area, I love my commute, I love the diversity of clients I'm seeing...

I once told Andrew I was lucky, because massage is so prevalent everywhere, and there are so few areas in Ontario that are truly over saturated with therapists, that even if he got hired on an ambulance service up in Moose-Nuts, Nowhere, I'd be able to pick up and find work up there. That is still of course the case, but I'm getting spoiled where I am now, I don't want to ever have to leave!

2 comments:

small farm girl said...

Sounds great! You built your clients really fast! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

I'm fortunate enough to have joined a practice that was already teeming with more clients than they could handle. My arrival really just aleviated a bit of the pressure on the other two!