Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Project for a Rainy Day

I've doodled up a little pear design to work on as an embroidery sampler. Grandma dusted off her old reader's digest complete guide to needlework, and gave it to mom, you know, for safe keeping. I've since borrowed it from mom. I would love to be able to do a bit of fancying up on my wedding dress which my mom and Andrew's are working together to create for me. But in the meantime I've got a lot of learning to do. I've tried out all kinds of new stitches that I would never have even thought of. Each leaf, pear, twig and flower will probably be worked slightly differently, so I practice a wide spectrum of skills, and get a feel for what kind of stitches I like using. This bit here is the culmination of about four hours work last night and this morning. The pic was taken around noon, I'll take another one in a little while. The rain is pattering against the window, Andrew's ma is puttering about in the kitchen, and I'm curled up in an arm chair stitching away and humming to myself. Not a bad Wednesday.

1 comment:

small farm girl said...

I always wanted to learn to cross stitch. Maybe one day I'll learn. I'll put it on the list. lol